Thank you for your interest in the Treacher mailing list. This is a group of men, women and children who are living with and dealing with Treacher Collins Syndrome on a daily basis, and who have come together to share their experiences and support one another. We encourage active participation rather than "lurking" or merely observing our interaction with each other. This is primarily a support list, as opposed to a resource site. If you are seeking more information about this rare syndrome for a research paper or for some other reason, there are several websites on the internet which will provide details about Treacher Collins Syndrome. One such site is http://www.treachercollins.org.
In order to protect the group's privacy and provide a safe environment in which to post, we have developed a questionnaire which we require all prospective participants to complete before they join the Treacher list. Please fill this out and return to email@example.com. You will be contacted when your request for participation in the list has been reviewed.
If approved for membership in our list, YOUR ANSWERS TO THIS QUESTIONNAIRE WILL BE POSTED TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE GROUP AS A WAY OF INTRODUCING YOU TO US!
(2) When is your birthday? (Or if a child with TCS, his or hers)
(3) Where do you live?
(4) Do you, or does someone in your household have TCS? Is it spontaneous or inherited? Mild, moderate or severe?
(5) How did you learn about the Treacher mailing list?
(6) Have you or the member of your family with TCS had medical procedures related to TCS? If so, what?
(7) What are some of your hobbies or non-TCS-related activities that you enjoy? (TCS is only ONE factor of our lives, and we celebrate that!)
(8) Please share with us a short paragraph about what you hope to gain from our site.
Thank you for completing this questionnaire